Followers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

On blogging and on liars, hypocrites and saints

Nadah on interesting events. I am certainly not living as exciting a life as some of my friends, though I am certainly living a good one. Two comments about my blog that struck me today. First, my classmate asked me why wasnt I doing more posts? I do it once every three or four days. And he does his once every two days.

One, I would just like to mention that my blog post takes up half an hour(Could be just me). Some people just type out what's on their mind, while others like to play the role of observers. I am the latter, though I do indulge in a little of the former. And that brings me to what my GP teacher, Mr. Casimir Kang asked today, why blog? A platform to post your innermost secrets? And let the public view it?

There are a couple of bloggers in class(perhaps three). I dont know whether it is just me, but I sure dont post up my innermost thoughts into my blog. There was a comment about narcissism. And I admit it. I am narcissistic...as much as the next person is. I believe everyone is narcissistic and hypocritical. The thing that really matters is do you exhibit those characteristics openly? And you might be a hypocrite, but to what degree? And to those who are extremely idealistic, disagrees with me and also think lying is bad, have you lied before, sir?

Because if you have never lied before, never made a hypocritical decision ever in your life and have never made a selfish choice, you, sir, cannot be described as an honest man. To name you a saint would be more correct.

Woe betide those who said you have never lied before because lying is bad. Because if you have lied before, that makes you a liar AND a hypocrite at the same time. And the interesting thing is, if you lied but have never been caught at it, does that make you a liar? Some says yes, but I know of a few friends(and two from KI) that would disagree to a certain extent. If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

And to those who still feels strongly against blogging, I have to say, from the perspective of a person who blogs and once kept a diary, a diary does not equate to a blog. And that said, a blog is more therapeutic. It relieve stress and you get to have your 5 minutes of fame(depending on the number of views you get). And because I do believe a blog is to get readers and I DO like the idea of having strangers read my thoughts, I guess I am narcissistic.


Phew. This post is really quite philosophical but hey, Cogito ergo sum.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Blogging is therapeutic. AGREED.

Another Teenager. said...

And that might be why there are so many bloggers in CJC.